Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Stevie Wonder Is Permanently Moving To Ghana

stevie-wonder-is-permanently-moving-to-ghana

Published 15 hours ago

Stevie Wonder is packing his bags and moving to Ghana.

The music icon recently spoke to Oprah Winfrey and explained his decision.

“I wanna see this nation smile again. And I want to see it before I leave to travel to move to Ghana because I’m going to do that,” said Wonder.

RELATED: Stevie Wonder Is Leaving Motown After Nearly 60 Years, Reveals Kidney Transplant

“You’re going to permanently move to Ghana?” asked Oprah.

“I am,” he replied. “I don’t want to see my children’s children’s children have to say, ‘Oh please like me. Please respect me, please know that I am important, please value me.’ What is that?”

This isn’t the first time Wonder considered moving to Ghana. In 1994, he said he felt there was “more of a sense of community” in the African nation than in the US.

Photo: Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for The Art of Elysium

Get the latest from BET in your inbox!
Sign up now for the latest in celebrity, sports, news and style from BET.

By clicking submit, I consent to receiving BET Newsletters and other marketing emails. BET Newsletters are subject to our Privacy Policy and Terms
of Use.
Users can unsubscribe at anytime. BET Newsletters are sent by BET Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10003. www.bet.com

 » Read Full Article

The post Stevie Wonder Is Permanently Moving To Ghana appeared first on Digital Online Fashion Magazine | Free Fashion Magazine | Fashion Magazine Online.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires