Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Mariah Carey Says She Reached Out to Britney Spears During Conservatorship

mariah-carey-says-she-reached-out-to-britney-spears-during-conservatorship

Mariah Carey said she contacted Britney Spears through a mutual friend to let the singer know she was “not alone” during her conservatorship battle.

Mariah Carey’s FAVORITE Thing About the Holidays

From one ’90s icon to another, Mariah Carey says she was there for Britney Spears

In a new interview with NME, Mariah shared how she supported Britney, whose conservatorship was terminated in November after 13 years. 

“I’m not sure it’s an affinity,” Mariah said of their dynamic, given their shared experienced in the spotlight.

She explained, “I think everybody on this planet deserves to be free and what they did to her, what I saw, was horrific. So I reached out to her through a mutual friend because I wanted her to know: ‘Guess what? You’re not alone.'” 

Mariah, 52, wanted to be there for Britney because she knows how impactful it can be to have a friend get in touch. “I remember when I was going through a lot of stuff years ago,” she said, “Prince reached out to me and gave me a Bible and he talked to me for hours.” 

It had a lasting impact on the Christmas queen. She told NME, “He’s an amazing person and he cared about the music business and the industry being so screwed up—which it is. You’ve got to be a giving person. It doesn’t matter whether they’re my best friend or whatever, I just felt like it was the right thing to do.”

Last month, Britney called on stars to speak out about her conservatorship. She shared a video of Christina Aguilera at a red carpet event saying she “can’t” speak about Britney’s legal situation,

 » Read Full Article

The post Mariah Carey Says She Reached Out to Britney Spears During Conservatorship appeared first on Digital Online Fashion Magazine | Free Fashion Magazine | Fashion Magazine Online.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires