Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Hoda Kotb Recalls Breaking Down After Finding Out Cancer Treatment Had Affected Her Fertility

hoda-kotb-recalls-breaking-down-after-finding-out-cancer-treatment-had-affected-her-fertility

Hoda Kotb & Jenna Bush Hager Want More of What in 2022?

Hoda Kotb is opening up about the struggles she faced starting a family.

In a new interview with Good Housekeeping, the Today anchor got candid about how her 2007 breast cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment derailed her plans to have children.

“I remember that my oncologist called and we were talking about freezing my eggs. She basically said that given my age and [my breast cancer treatment], it was pretty close to a dead end,” Kotb recalled. “I was in my room and I just sobbed. I thought, ‘Well, that’s that, isn’t it?’ Like, you almost blame yourself. ‘Why didn’t I do this? Why didn’t I do that?’ So I just pushed it away, because the reality seemed impossible to bear. How do you survive knowing you can’t have what you desire and what you feel like you actually physically need?”

After a mastectomy and her recovery, Kotb and ex-fiancé Joel Schiffman adopted daughters Haley, now 5, in 2017 and, Hope, now 3, in 2019.

“I don’t think I would’ve adopted if it hadn’t been for Joel,” Kotb shared. “Having a stable relationship in that moment was really important. Once that fell into place, it didn’t seem as scary to me. I also read about Sandra Bullock and the children she adopted. I’d always felt a weird connection to her, though I only knew her from the [Today] show. But she was my age, and I just thought, ‘Wow, she’s really cool.’ I called her, and we talked. She said adopting was the most important thing she’d ever done.”

Nathan Congleton/NBC

Kotb continued,

 » Read Full Article

The post Hoda Kotb Recalls Breaking Down After Finding Out Cancer Treatment Had Affected Her Fertility appeared first on Digital Online Fashion Magazine | Free Fashion Magazine | Fashion Magazine Online.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires